Monday, April 26, 2010

Recent struggles...

So recently I heard that God gives us strength and grace when we need it most. And I would say that it's been obvious that He gave it to me when I needed it most, almost 2 years ago. That is the only way to explain what we have experienced...that we have survived because of God's grace alone. But that means that doubt and fear will creep in and try to make us stumble during our day to day lives. I have totally seen this lately in my own life. God sustained me completely during the hardest times of my life, no doubt, and He still sustains me now, but it's easier for me to get caught up in fear now, more than ever. I see myself sometimes dwelling on what could happen to me or my children or even with day to day events, when really I should surrender it all to God, and like He commands more than any other thing in the Bible, "Do not fear." He has proven faithful in the past, and He is always faithful, but why can't I remember that every day? the enemy knows exactly what we fear the most and he uses that too draw us away from Christ. So take a stand and turn away from fear, and trust in the Lord.

Sometimes as humans too, we rely on physical things, or people to fulfill our needs rather than relying on Christ to fulfill our every need. That is so easy to do, whether it's a friend to talk to and get advice from (instead of immediately turning to prayer and the Bible), or relying on our husbands and children to get the love and acceptance we need as people (Christ loves us unconditionally). So the past few weeks these are issues I am finding myself working through...first to NOT FEAR, and also to let Christ fulfill my needs, rather than being let down by humans (because that will be a constant); Christ will never let me down.

Isaiah 49:16, "Behold I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me."

1 Peter 5:7, "Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you."

I also have come to the realization that I am "honored" that God has allowed us to expereience what we have, because I know that it is for His glory.  And if even one person comes to Christ through what we have experienced then it was all worth it; I feel blessed that God has used us in such a way. It makes me love Him even more, because I know how much He loves me, and carries me through tough times. But He has a grand plan and as I begin to see little pieces fit together, I'm in awe of His majesty and power.

God gave His one and only son for us on the cross, and I got a little glimpse of what it means to "give" a son, not that we were given an option. So yes we have been blessed with 2 other sons, but I can't imagine what it would be like to loose an only son. Plus another difference is that Christ was without sin, and still died for us. We definately have sin in our world today and therefore we will all die someday. But it makes me realize again how much God loves me because of Him sacrificing his one, and only son, to save us. Wow!

Pslam 104:1, "Praise the Lord, O my soul. O Lord my God, you are very great; you are clothed with spledor and majesty."

3 comments:

  1. i read your blog and get such encouragment kate. God's work in your life is so supernatural and amazing. He is really using you, and thank you for allowing Him too! what you wrote today really challenged me too...fear creeps in so easily in my life ...i trust Him and He has carried me through tough things, but i think the enemy knows that fear is so paralyzing and he works that angle well. i pray that i will go to the Lord first and that He will help me have faith and not fear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am very proud of you Kate and am inspired by your strength to keep going every day. Thank you for that at this point in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Thanks for sharin your thoughts and insights Kate. I love to hear how God is working in your life. Miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete