Monday, May 3, 2010

Walker is turning 1!

Well this weekend we get to celebrate Walker's 1st birthday...and boy are we going to party! We have so much to celebrate and be thankful for. I am so blessed to be his mommy and thankful every day for God giving him to us!

James 1:17, "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."


This year has been hard approaching Walker's first birthday, primarily because he reminds me so much of Brady, and he is also getting to the age where I remember Brady the most...and they are so similar. I find so much joy in watching Walker play and walk around because in a way I can remember the things I enjoyed the most about Brady...I catch myself at times, because I even try to call him Brady, even though he is so much his own little man! So it is bitter-sweet at times; I think this spring I have found myself thinking about Brady much more than last year, but it is with joy I remember him. I also find myself praying to God to give me the strength and take away the anxiety I have as Walker approaches the age that Brady was. I have so much to celebrate now, and believe me we enjoy every little moment here in the VanDerPloog household...so i will post pictures next week of our week long celebration!

2 Corinthians 9:8, "And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work."

Psalm 28:7, "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song."

Psalm 126:3, "The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."




1 comment:

  1. Hope you had fun celebrating this weekend! Looking forward to seeing some pics.

    I am really enjoying your blog, thanks for sharing all your thoughts and the way God is using Brady in your life even now. I think about you and I pray for you a lot. May you have a VERY blessed Mother's Day! You are such a sweet godly example to many...thank you.

    ReplyDelete