Friday, July 2, 2010

Wow its been a while since I wrote...just not feeling too inspired lately I guess. But as God gives me things to write...i will.

This weekend, 4th of July, is going to be packed full of fun and family. I can't wait, but also what comes to mind are my sweet pictures of Brady, on his last 4th of July. He was a little older than our Walker is now. That was the weekend before he got sick, and changed our lives forever. So I will always take some sweet time to remember his smile and personality, while enjoying what new memories we make.

I also wanted to give you all update on Walker's last trip to CHOP. We met with the doctors to discuss some questions and he had some blood work done. I must admitt I was a little anxious waiting for the results, but knew that God is faithful no matter what. And also kind of expecting them to be the same as last time, which I was ok with. We got a call and immediately the Dr said, " I have great news!"  You know when a Dr starts out that way, that it IS good news. Even in the past when they have had decent news to share with us they come into it very conservatively. So Walker's blood work was completely NORMAL!! Praise the Lord! He has created antibodies to all his vaccines and his IgG came up to normal levels for a 1 year old! He can come off of the antibiotics. This was a huge answer to prayer and its only because of our Lord. So thank you everyone for the continuous prayers, we have felt them. And I must say going into this weekend, the one where Brady got sick, it is a huge relief to know that Walker is ok. :)

Have a happy 4th everyone!

"But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness."
Psalm 86:15


"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28




3 comments:

  1. Kate,
    That's wonderful wonderful news! Thanks so much for sharing. Have a happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Father!!! You are Good!!! Lots of love to you and your family as you celebrate and remember. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a praise!! I hope you had a great weekend celebrating the 4th of July. I will be praying for strength and comfort for you and your family this month.

    http://makeitmatterjr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete