Friday, September 23, 2011

New Beginnings

WOW! Its been forever since I wrote on this blog....but I had some much needed time off...time of reflection, and time of growing. You know that saying, "two steps forward, one step back." Well thats exactly how last year has felt.

Where to start? I figured I would just give an update on our family for now. We have welcomed a new little boy to the clan...Lincoln Kade. He is just the sweetest and I love this stage so much. He was born on May 1, 2011. Thankfully we were home and in the swing of things to celebrate Walker's 2nd birthday which was on May 6th. We will get to combine birthday parties in the future...at least for friends and the big family, but will always do something special for each one as an intimate family!

Medical update from CHOP. Walker was cleared medically for his Hib titers last June, 2010. Not sure if I mentioned it then, however when we went back in November his levels were low again, making him not protective against Hib. So we repeated the shot and waited for more blood work. Had it repeated a couple times since then and just in June 2011 it was up again to the protective level! Praise the Lord! He remained on antibiotics the whole time though just to prevent him from getting the disease. The Dr. we are working with is awesome!!!! but she did say there is no right or wrong thing to do here, keep him on antibiotics or not. And basically I told her, " well i can keep him in a bubble, or let him be a kid and put him on antibiotics!" She agreed! (btw: I talked at length with them about becoming resistant to antibiotcs and what the long term side effects would be of his long treatment, and she basically said there are less side effects to being on it every day for years, then if he were to go on and come off a lot for infections)

Lincoln's first round of blood work looked great! So now we are waiting for him to have more vaccines and recheck those levels sometime this winter.

I really feel at peace through all of this, because as I have learned God is completely in control of our lives and worrying about it changes nothing but my attitude for the day.

I am really learning a lot about my relationship with the Lord as well. I've really been digging into the Bible for answers to questions I have never thought twice about before, mostly because I just believed what I was taught in school, church or at home. So its totally exciting to grow and really know what I believe. And I am also learning HUGE things in parenting!! Some the hard way of course but I pray that I can get a grasp on how God wants me to raise my boys before I run the other way. Aiden is in kindergarten this year, and that alone is opening up issues I didn't think I would have to deal with this early.

I am also learning about contentment, as that is ongoing. Our plans and thoughts about the future may not be a part of God's plan for us no matter how great it sounds in our heads. We are also learning this the hard way too. We will be let down, dissappointed, hurt, discouraged, by this world and the people in it, but God will never let us down and that has to happen sometimes for His will to be accomplished....something I've known forever, but again when going through trials He reminds me again.



Ok that was enough of a basic outline to the year. Please pray for me as I have some huge things God is asking of me, and I pray I will obey Him. Thanks! And I promise it wont be another year til I write again :)

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading your blog! Thanks for the update on the kids. I will be praying for you! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, I feel like I just posted similar thoughts today! So grateful for your update and the time you took to write down your thoughts. I will pray for you as I do for myself! God is so good to give you all you need and to make you all you should be. You are the perfect wife for your husband AND the perfect Mommy for your kids! I'm so glad you are leaning on God for the rest! :) LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete